Saturday, February 13, 2010






The top quilt is a rag quilt created from Homespun Material. I love this material because is looks so old fashioned! And that's me: old fashioned. I even wear an apron when I cook.
The second quilt is called a Snowball Quilt that I made for my daugher years ago. I began cutting out the pieces of this quilt when I was in grad school. It was a nice break from all the studying and papers I had to write. In 1997, the quilt was put together, but not quilted yet. It was held together by safety pins. In 1998, I had 1/4th of it quilted and now here it is, 2010 and I'm just now finishing the quilting! I guess better late than never. All the material in the quilt is from scraps from clothing I made for my daughter while she was growing up. And the best part is that she remembers the outfits! That's pretty awesome! I love this quilt the most I guess because of the memories. This quilt was an actual pattern, but I have a quilt that is literally "pieced" together with scraps I had at the house and some "purchased" fabric. I hope to post a pic soon. Until next time, God Bless...

4 comments:

  1. Awesome quilt work! Would you happen to have the pattern for the snowball quilt ... that you would like to share? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to share the snowball quilt, but I have to find the pattern first. Just give a little time and I'll have it posted. Thanks for stopping by! Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. fifi, i'm still looking for the snowball quilt pattern, but am not having any luck. we moved into our new home 3 years ago and some of my stuff disappeared! in the meantime, you might try to google "snowball quilts". i did this and it pulled all kinds of patterns. i'm still looking though. i love to share patterns! BTW: I LOVE your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fifi,
    as soon as i posted the above comment, i found the pattern! Unfortunately though, due to copyright laws, i can't post the directions, but i can tell you where to find this pattern. it's in the Better Homes and Gardens Creative American Quilting book (1989).(ISBN # 0-696-01800-4). you have a good eye because the creation of the quilt dates back to the 1930's - 1940's! which goes along with your beautiful blogspot! have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete