Friday, April 9, 2010

Double Wedding Ring Quilt


Looking back over all my crafts or projects, I never begin small. I alway jump in way over my head, but usually come out of it with a project I'm proud of. My very good friend, Brenda, came to my house one Saturday and taught me how to paper piece a quilt together. It's really easy if you have the right person showing you how like I did. Brenda was very patient with me! Anyway, these are the arcs I've completed so far and I couldn't wait to show you a few pieces. This is one project that will take a while to finish. But then again, there are just some things you can't rush and quilting is one of them. I will machine piece this quilt top together, but will then hand quilt it to the back, which I haven't chosen yet. This quilt will be for my son and daughter-in-law. I chose Batik fabric for my quilt because I love the rich color and unpredictable patterns. Again, I'll post pics as complete each section. Until we meet again, God Bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment